Los Padres Chapter (est 1975)|
& District 79
News & Events
District Deputy’s Report
Spiritual Thought: “As Joyful Servants of hop, we must announce the Risen One by our lives and by our love” – Pope Francis
I hope my Brother Knights within District 79 had a blessed Easter week.
Thanks for Council 1684 for hosting the Second Formation Degree at Serra Hall on April 12th. Congratulations to Brothers Doug Vale (a transfer from Sueneventura Council 2984) and Neil Chu (Council 1684).
Brother Doug and Brother Neil, along
Pravia (Council 5300) also advanced to the Third Knighthood Degree
on April 22nd. I encourage
all members to advance to in their Degrees.
Brother Doug and Brother Neil, along with Brother Augusto Pravia (Council 5300) also advanced to the Third Knighthood Degree on April 22nd. I encourage all members to advance to in their Degrees.
Please see the Degree Dates schedule on Council 5300’s Website: http://www.kc5300.org/district/degreedates.htmA couple of things that I’d like to pass on from the State Council:
1) Remember, one Admission Degree, Per Council, Per Month, even if it is only for one member. All members must participate in growing the Order by recruiting new members.
State Council and Supreme Council suggest Councils holding membership drives on the following dates:
August 6th and 7th (Quick Start Recruitment)
October 8th and 9th (Columbus Day)
Councils can hold recruitment drives at any time. Even at Council events such as Fish Fries or Pancake Breakfasts.
One on one recruitment is also suggested and is the most effective.
2) All Councils have the potential to achieve Star Council. There are now 120 days left to become a Star Council. Councils can review what programs held during the Columbian year qualify in the major service categories: Church, Community, Council, Culture of Life, Family and Youth.
After identifying these programs, submit Form #SP-7 (Columbian Service Award Application) to the Supreme Council Office. Remember to qualify for the Columbian Award, at least four of the programs must also be designated as Domestic Church activities.
Some quick, simple project ideas can be found on the Supreme Council website: www.kofc.org/service
3) The State Convention will be held in San Diego at the Town and Country Inn from May18th -21st. All Councils must send in their delegates names to the State.
4) All Councils should have ready an Officers’ Slate to vote on for the next Columbian Year.
News from Around the District:
Council 1684 (Santa Barbara)
1) Continuing with their Citizenship Essay Contest with three participating schools (Notre Dame, Our Lady of Mount Carmel and Bishop Garcia Diego High School). Their Essay Social was held at Serra Hall on April 26th.
2) Planning for the May Scholarship Social has begun for May 24th.
Council 5300 (Goleta)
1) Recently completed the final week of Lenten Fish Fries. Grand Knight Jack Turney is considering extending the Fish Fries beyond Lent. A trial Fish Fry is planned for Friday, June 23rd.
2) Plans are underway for the following events:
Mother’s Day Orchid Distribution (Sat and Sunday Masses at St. Raphael's Church)/Pancake Breakfast (May 14th)
Memorial Day Picnic at Stow Grove Park (May 28th)
June 24: Joint Officers Installation (Councils 1684 and 5300) at Serra Hall 10:00 AM.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, you can contact me at (805)
683-4534 or by email at
District Deputy #79
Updated April 30, 2017