Los Padres Chapter (est 1975)|
& District 79
News & Events
District Deputy’s Report
I hope my Brother Knights within District 79 had a great Father’s Day weekend. Soon it will be the 4th of July. Congratulations to our new State Deputy Elect Romeo D. Quevedo.
We will soon be holding our combined Officers’ Installation of Councils 5300 and 1684 at Serra Hall on June 24th at 9:00 AM.
At the State Convention in May, a First Admissions Degree was held. 27 new Brother Knights received their First Degree. The degree was performed by Holy Cross Council 9969 (Moorpark -WCP Michael Ohler’s home council)
In June, I had the honor of distributing scholarships for Councils 5300 and 1684 with WGK Mark Wiestock to underclassmen and women at Bishop Diego High School. The purpose of the scholarships from both councils is to help deserving students that can’t afford tuition to attend Bishop.
A couple of reminders from Supreme and State:
1) Complete the Semiannual Council Audit (#1295) by August 15th
2) Councils are encouraged to promote the new Family Rosary Program, which is similar to the 5th Sunday Rosary Program. The new program allows councils
to schedule parish rosary events on any day of the week. The Rosary Program falls under the Building the Domestic Church Program.
3) Supreme is also encouraging councils to plan K of C Family Week events. These events can be found on Supreme Council’s website:
4) If your Councils are participating in the Keep Christ in Christmas Poster Contests or the Substance Abuse Poster Programs, now is the time to order those kits for next year.
5) The State Officers’ Installation will take place on July 8th at Our Lady of Mercy Church in Daly City, CA. Information has been posted on the State Website
News from around the District:
Council 1684 and Council 1684
Both Councils are planning to have Coke booths at the following locations during Old Spanish Days in August:
- Council 1684: El Mercado Del Norte (Mackenzie Park)
- Council 5300: El Mercado at De La Gurerra Plaza (Near SB City Hall)
Council 5300 will also be selling assorted Corn Nuts and Starbuck’s iced expresso
1) The trial Fish Fry for June 23rd has been cancelled and will be rescheduled for another date.
2) Council 5300 will be planning their annual Labor Day Picnic on September 4th. More details will follow.
Los Padres Chapter News
The 2017 - 2018 Los Padres Chapter Installation / Testimonial will be taking place at Holy Cross Catholic Church in Moorpark on October 14th, 2017 after the 5:00 pm mass. A dinner reception will follow in Cosgrove Hall.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, you can contact me at (805)
683-4534 or by email at
District Deputy #79
Updated April 30, 2017